CALL FOR PAPERS
Association of LSP Teachers at Higher Education Institutions (ALSPTHEI) announces its
3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE IN LANGUAGE FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES
22 – 24 February 2018, Zagreb, Croatia
Visoko učilište EFFECTUS – visoka škola za financijei pravo
(University College EFFECTUS – College for Finance and Law)
Trg J. F. Kennedyja 2, Zagreb, Croatia
Professor Batia Laufer (University of Haifa, Israel)
Professor Emeritus Lita Sander Lundquist (Copenhagen Business School, Denmark)
Bruno Nahod, PhD (Institute of Croatian Language and Linguistics, Zagreb, Croatia)
Associate Professor Nataša Pavlović (Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb, Croatia)
PLENARY LECTURES WILL BE IN ENGLISH.
We welcome presentations and papers addressing topics from all fields of interest within the domain of language for specific purposes and await the following types of contributions: – research studies, reviews, professional papers, case reports, theoretical papers, methodological papers, projects, commentaries, etc.
Languages (abstracts, podium presentations and papers): English, German or Croatian.
Podium presentations will be allocated 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.
Abstracts. Proposals for podium presentations should include: the title of presentation, name of the speaker(s), e-mail address(es) and affiliation (bibliography optional). Abstracts should not exceed a maximum of 300 words (without bibliography).
Abstract and paper submission: email@example.com
• Terminological theories and their application
• Terminology and lexicography
• Psycholinguistics and LSP
• Cognitive aspects of LSP
• Sociological and cultural aspects of LSP
• Communication aspects in LSP
• LSP didactics at tertiary level
• Discourse analysis in LSP
• Translation in LSP
• Teaching LSP as a foreign language
• Teaching LSP as a foreign language to students with visual impairment; deaf and hard of hearing students; students with dyslexia; etc.)
• Testing in LSP
• Genre analysis
• Corpus analysis
• Technology-assisted teaching/learning in LSP
• Project-based learning in LSP
• Interdisciplinary aspects – synergy of subject field and foreign language
• Classification, methodology of the development and evaluation of teaching materials
• Methodology of designing LSP syllabi
• Needs analysis
• Other topics connected with language for specific as well as language for academic purposes
The book of abstracts will be available at the conference. The proceedings book will be published after the conference.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Abstract submission deadline: 1 December 2017
Notification of abstract acceptance: 15 December 2017
Registration and conference fee payment deadline: 20 January 2018
Paper submission deadline: 15 April 2018