Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy 50th Annual Conference.
Fri, 08 Jun 2018 –
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
50th Annual SACP Conference, Kraków 2018
The conference theme, Power and Creativity, is designed to invite a broad range of scholarly discussions related to Asian and Non-Western traditions, as well as cross-cultural philosophical analysis. The SACP board especially welcomes proposals addressing power and creativity. Those who wish to participate are encouraged to submit abstracts and presentations on topics that correspond to their special areas of interest so long as they engage in some way with Asian and/or Comparative philosophies.
Submit your abstract by January 31, 2018
Announcement of the acceptance: by March 10, 2018
• We encourage submission of either individual papers, full panel proposals or book symposia, on any topic in Asian and/or Comparative Philosophy. For the 2018 SACP meeting, we particularly welcome papers/panels that refer to the theme "Power and Creativity" in the cone "Power and Creativity" in the context of comparative philosophy, Asian or non-western traditions. All paper and panel proposals employing cross-cultural philosophical analysis will be considered.
• Feel free to submit a longer abstract (300-500 words) or to include a completed paper with your abstract. The presentation time for each paper will be 20 minutes.
• Panel/paper proposals and abstracts (with your full name/affiliation/contact information) should be sent electronically to the Secretary of the Society, Marzenna Jakubczak, at email@example.com.
• Panel proposals should include the title and a brief description of the panel, as well as the names, affiliations, and email addresses of the participants. Please also provide the titles of each participant’s presentation.
• Abstracts should be between 200-300 words, including a filename that begins with the presenter’s last name and closes with the name of our organization and the year of the conference, e.g., ‘Berger – SACP 2018’.