The Mid-Atlantic Chapter invites you to attend the 148th Annual Meeting of the American Fisheries Society - Communicating the Science of Fisheries Conservation to Diverse Audiences. The meeting will take place in Atlantic City, New Jersey from August 19-23, 2018. There is plenty to see and do in this exciting city. From beaches and boardwalks, to fishing and amusement parks, Atlantic City has something for everyone. The video below highlights some of the fun activities that AC has to offer and includes a message from AFS Past President (and New Jersey native) Joe Margraf.
Instructions for Presenters
We are looking forward to many great presentations this year! Remember, the standard presentations time slot is 20 minutes, 15 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions and room change.
To upload your presentation prior to arriving at the conference you will receive a personalized link (do not share your link with others) in mid- to late July. You will be able to upload using your personalized link between this date and August 4th.
To ensure your presentation is loaded onto the correct meeting laptop please use the following format for your filename. Day_Room_Time_FirstName_LastName.ppt. Time should be in 24-hour format. Only PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file extensions will be accepted.
If you do not upload your presentation using your personalized link, you must upload your presentation in the AV Loading room at least one day prior to your scheduled presentation. Please note that Monday presenters must upload their presentations on Sunday. The A/V Loading Room location is still to be determined and will be open during the following days and times:
· Sunday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
· Monday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
· Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
· Wednesday: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
· Thursday: 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Additional information about the conference and your presentation:
· The latest version of the online program: https://afs.confex.com/afs/2017/meetingapp.cgi/Home/0
· As a precaution, please plan to have a copy of your presentation on a thumb-drive.
· Each room will be provided with: LCD Projector (1024x768), Laptop with pre-loaded oral presentation files, Projection Screen, Laser Pointer, Podium Microphone, and PCDI for Computer Audio
· Moderators are instructed to strictly adhere to the time schedule. For a 20-minute time slot, presenters will have 15 minutes to present with the remaining 5 minutes allocated to questions and room change. Moderators are responsible for ensuring that presentations start and end on time (plan to run your own stopwatch and bring your own time cards, if you like). Moderators may continue accepting questions for a speaker during the room change period.
· You cannot use your personal laptop.
· Loading presentations will not be allowed in the presentation room
· Presentations must be Microsoft, PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf ) files.